Thursday, November 10, 2016

Do You Give?

Recently I enjoyed hearing about the following interaction so much that I've been eager to share it here.  

Someone I know showed up at a certain address to give someone some food.  Upon arriving at the apartment complex, the person delivering the food encountered a boy who was perhaps eight or nine years old.  The boy asked the person bringing the food, "Are you a giver?"  

The person carrying the food was startled by the boy's bold directness, unabashed curiosity, apparent innocence and implicit encouragement of people trying to love others.  After recovering from the unexpected question, the person responded to the boy, "Yes, I am."  

The boy said, "Cool."  

The person handing over the food said, "Yeah... when I do it, it makes me feel good."  

No comments:

Post a Comment