Friday, July 21, 2017

Thanking God Always

Today three different times I saw a particular homeless woman I know who once again here I'll call "Anna."  The first two times I saw Anna, she seemed stressed and out of sorts.  She also appeared to be sweaty, which made sense, since it was rather hot here in Redwood City today.  

The third and final time I saw Anna today, she seemed much more composed and collected.  During the course of our conversation, she shared that she had taken a shower.  I've noticed that when Anna has recently had a shower, she appears calmer, and much less likely to be agitated.  

We all have our weak points.  Sometimes if I haven't eaten, I can become quite cranky, as some people well know.  Apparently when Anna has felt hot and sweaty, understandably she becomes considerably uncomfortable, but then she feels the relaxation she has been seeking if she takes a shower.  

So often it can be so easy to take these little comforts for granted.  When we realize that not everyone can eat or drink or shower or sleep comfortably when they want, then we can come to give thanks to God for all things.*  When we come to see everything as the gift from God which it truly is, then we express the gratitude to God which we owe to Him.  With grateful hearts, we are brought into proper relationship with God.  Amen.  

* 1 Thessalonians 5:18 

No comments:

Post a Comment