Sunday, May 14, 2017

Pass It On

This morning as I was waiting for someone I overheard the following conversation.  A man showed up at the apartment building where I was waiting.  A woman answered the front door of the building.  As she opened the door, he presented a couple of flowers to her as he exclaimed, "Happy Mother's Day!"  

In the midst of thanking him for the flowers, she replied, "You know, I was just listening to Charles Stanley.  He was saying that we need to do what we can to pass it on."  

The man responded, "Well, this is remarkable.  Without your realizing it, you've just told me that you're accepting the mission I have for you."  The man reached out of the woman's sight and picked up another bouquet of two more flowers.  He explained, "Please give these to So-And-So when you see her later today, and when you pass them on to her, please wish her a Happy Mother's Day from me."  

No comments:

Post a Comment