Monday, May 15, 2017

Liking This Trend

Within the last hour I was happy to see two people, who I'll call "Kimberly" and "Davey," whose company I so enjoy.  Kimberly and Davey are friends of mine who I've been coming increasingly to appreciate.  They come here to the Catholic Worker House often to check to see if there's anything they can use that's been donated that's sitting our front porch.  They're homeless, and so often their effects end up getting stolen.  Thus the porch is a place where they can replenish lost items.  

And so when I walked out onto the front porch tonight, I was pleased that I would get to enjoy the playful company of Kimberly and Davey, but not surprised to see them there.  I remarked to them, out of the hope that I would keep enjoying the precious recurring gift of their nourishing daily company, "You know, this is the fourth day in a row I've seen you.  I'd just like to say that I'd like this trend to continue."  

No comments:

Post a Comment