Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Likes To Give

Here at the Catholic Worker House, this time of year, from the couple of weeks before Thanksgiving until a few days into the new year, is busier than usual.  A lot of different folks keep showing up with many different items they donate to us.  

This morning my mentor Larry here at the house asked me about some canned goods and boxes of food which had arrived here yesterday.  We discussed what we would do with the food.  


The box had no top and was wrapped with wrapping paper.  So viewed from a low height, it looked like a Christmas present.  One of the two young boys who lives here at the house, who's five years old, walked up to me as I was looking at the items in the box.  


He asked me, "Is this a present from Santa?"  


"No," I replied.  


"Then who is it from?"  


I explained, "It's from a very nice person who likes to give things to other people."  

No comments:

Post a Comment